Thursday, September 11, 2014

Rememberin 9-11

 Our library does this amazing display of flags for remembrance of 9-11.  There are over 3,000 flags representing each person that died that tragic day.  
 Many of the flags had firefighter boots to represent the fallen firefighters and army boots to represent those that were in the military.
 I took Brylee to see the flag display on 9-11 after I picked her up from school.  I love this picture to see her hand on her heart showing respect to those that died that day.
 Each flag was personalized by a persons name, place they died on 9-11, and a little information about that person.  
 And for the children that died there were teddy bears on their flags. We saw two sisters ages 8 and 6, along with their parents, that were on one of the jetliners that crashed into the twin towers.  It was very sad.
 It was an unbelievable sight that I took Brit on a date there that same night.
 We spent some time reading many stories about many of thee people there.  It made the experience surreal.
I'm so grateful for this great nation we live in and for the many men and women who put their lives on the line for our freedom.  God bless America!

No comments: