Sunday, March 20, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

For St. Patrick's Day we are lucky to have a leprechaun come to visit us each year. Kenadee was asking all day when the leprechaun was going to arrive. This year this sneaky leprechaun took the kids on a treasure hunt.
When daddy came home from work the first clue was stuck on the front door. Here is daddy reading the first clue to the girls. Look at the concentration in Kenadee's face...she is intently listening to figure out this clue. Brylee's not sure "what" is going on here.
Kenadee did great in reading all the clues by herself and figuring most of them out by herself.
There were 10 clues in all that took the girls all over the house which included in the bathtub, closets, back of the TV, fridge, under Kenadee's pillow, on the mop...
and even in the cupboard.
The final clue brought them to the treasure of gold coins and the color wonder coloring books. The girls were so excited. The final clue said "Here is my treasure, you'll never catch me. For I am too quick to never be seen." Kenadee was pretty disappointed that she didn't see the leprechaun. She said, "Next year I am going to catch that sneaky leprechaun." Maybe next year we will have to set up a trap to catch that tricky guy.
For dinner we had green foods: Chicken with pesto sauce, rice, and asparagus with Parmesan cheese. The girls had a great time with the treasure hunt and eating a dinner of greens. I look forward to next year to see what Kenadee will come up with to catch that "sneaky leprechaun." Happy St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

Brittany Franco said...

Summer! You seriously amaze me. You're the best mom ever. I was showing my friend at work your rainbow cupcakes, so cute! I can't believe you had time to put together a treasure hunt as well!
I wish you guys were closer. I guess Prescott is a little closer of a drive. We'll have to come visit. :)

LOVE YOU!