Sunday, February 6, 2011

Welcoming Baby Adelyn

What can I say...we are PARTY girls! This past weekend my good friend Abby and I put on a baby shower for another great friend of ours Hillary. Even though this was her 4th baby we wanted to put on a shower for her. It took some convincing but finally she accepted. Let me just say that Hillary is the one who threw me a baby shower after having my second girl and said, "Every baby deserves new outfits and gifts." And having a beautiful baby is a great reason to celebrate! Here are a few of our decorations.
Our theme was red and aqua colors. A few things at our food table.
Our food table. Our menu consisted of Pasta chicken salad on croissants, veggies and fruit with dip, water bottles decorated with cute scrapbook paper, and coconut cupcakes.
The invitation.
And the guest of honor, Hillary.
And the other guest of honor, Adelyn Jeanne Divis. She was born January 28, 2011, 8 lbs and 20 inches long. Hillary didn't know if she was having a girl or boy until the delivery so we had to wait until after she was born to have the shower.
And she was the highlight of the party. Here is Lacy and Adelyn. I don't think she was put down once during the party.
Making the final preparations for the party.
We had a candy bar with candy that matched the color theme.

Side table decorations.
We played a candy bar game (thinking this was a great idea since we have a candy theme) so we came across a game from a blog. Well we copied the design from one and had to find the answers from another blog since the first blog didn't have the answers. Well Abby and I were obviously busy with the other preparations and we didn't catch that some of the questions were not on the blog with the answers. So the game didn't go as smooth as we were hoping, but it ended up being ok. Even though the game didn't turn out as great as we were hoping the prizes were! Caramel apples from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!
We had a surprise for Hillary. Abby contacted one of Hillary's best friends and her sister who both live in Utah and they made that long trip to be here for the shower. She didn't know they were coming until they showed up at the shower. Hillary almost cried when she saw them. It was a great moment!
The party throwers with the guest of honor: Hillary, Abby, and I.
The party girls: Abby and I. It doesn't need to be your first baby for us to throw you a shower :)We had a blast throwing it! The party was a huge success! Beautiful decorations, great food, good turn out, and Hillary got a lot of great gifts.

The women on the couch is Hillary's sisters from left to right: Chelsea (who flew in from Kansas -another surprise, Tara, Darcy (Hillary's mom), and Kaleigh. Top row left to right: Kate, Wendy, Summer, Hillary, and Abby

3 comments:

Westbrooks said...

Since you did such a great job I think that I may just copy and paste to my blog :)

Rupp Family said...

You guys do such a great job with parties. I am so glad that you gave hillary a shower! She totally deserves it!!! Everything is super cute!!! Wish i could have been there.

Aunt Tiff said...

You throw amazing parties!!! What lucky friends you have!