The weather has been so beautiful here in Prescott lately that I couldn't help but take the bike out for a spin. I decided to take Patches out with me for his very first jog while I rode my bike. I wasn't sure how well he would do but being a Lab with lots of energy I thought he would do pretty amazing. In the beginning he was so excited to be out on an open trail his pace was fast and I kept needing to remind him to slow down. Once we hit mike 5 his pace was starting to slow down. I took more breaks than I normally do and he was sure starting to pant a lot. We continued and his pace was getting slower with every mile we hit and I kept having to encourage him and slow down for him. Once we hit mile 9 I didn't think he was going to make it. He was barely walking at this point and I was worried about him. I gave him 3/4 of the water at this point and leaving only 1/4 for myself. The last .5 mile he just laid on the sidewalk. So I sped to my vehicle, loaded my bike, and drove to get my exhausted dog. Poor Patches, I guess going 11 miles was too long for him. It was still a good ride, we came across a herd of 19 antelope and it was so beautiful seeing the leaves changing. It's so nice to bike on Prescott during this time of year!
No comments:
Post a Comment