My Dad and I ran the Pat Tillman's Run this year. This is my first time running it and my Dad's 6th year. This race was sold out with 28,000 runners. It was amazing to see so many people supporting the cause and the patriotism in so many runners. While I was running I saw soldiers running in uniform, some carrying their heavy packs. I saw a few people running with American flags. I also saw people wearing signs that said "In memory of Captain ....". It was really awesome to see! The race was 4.2 miles long and ending in the ASU stadium at the 42 yard line representing Pat Tillman's number 42. It was fun to be able to end the race in ASU stadium since I have never been on the field before.
My Dad beat my time by 6 minutes, so the challenge is on for next year! I had a sore knee and it was 95 degrees by the time we finished (that's my excuse!). It was a lot of fun to be a part of this run and this amazing cause!
1 comment:
Looks like lots of fun! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment