Friday, February 17, 2012

I (Heart) Valentines Day!

I love Valentines Day!  Valentines Day is one of my favorite holidays!  I love that there is a day set aside to show the ones you love how much you love them.  Not that Valentines Day should be the only day you show your loved ones that you care, but it's a good excuse to do something special.  There is no exception here...I love to decorate my house in Valentine decor, make fun heart pancakes for breakfast, and show my kids how much I love them.   
Kenadee and I put these cute Valentines together for her class party.  She was the only one in her class to have a homemade valentine.  I was surprised!  But her classmates and teacher oohed and awhed her valentine.  Thanks to Pinterest we are finding all kinds of cool ideas!
Kenadee's teacher put her in charge of bringing the dessert for her class on her party day so we made these cute Valentine cupcakes.  I bought a bunch of these mini candy canes at the after Christmas sell for super cheap and we melted them together making a heart. 
I put together a Valentine Play Date for Brylee and her friends.  I had her all dressed up cute for the play date and she ditched her clothes and exchanged them for her princess gown.  I can not keep her out of these things!  Here is Brylee and her friend Abby.
 Abby getting ready to paint her Valentine necklace.
Here is Brylee wipping off the paint off of Brielle's hand. Super sweet!
 Mom and her Valentine!
The girls got to decorate heart sugar cookies.  Oh boy, look at all the candies on Brylee's cookie.
 Brylee showing off her cookie!
Brielle and her mom Ally.
 Abby and Natalie
Brylee showing off her Valentine necklace.  Good job Brylee...it's beautiful!
 Part of the girls Valentine gifts we got them these "twirl" skirts.  They loved them.  Brylee wore hers all day that day.
The girls and I got Daddy a dozen balloons and hung hearts from the strings with all the reasons why we love Dad.  He was pleasantly surprised and the girls had a great time doing something special for Dad.  Happy Valentines Day!

No comments: