Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Trip to the Grand Canyon

 During Reagan's visit to Arizona we thought it would be fun to take the kids on the Grand Canyon Railway and show the kids the Grand Canyon for the first time.
 Our trip started in Williams where we watched a cowboy shootout.
 Then we loaded the train.  This was Brylee's first time being on a train.  She was pretty excited!
 There were entertainers on the train and we were easily entertained by this fiddle player.  Kenadee got the chance to play the fiddle while this fiddle player played the notes for her.  She was a great fiddle player especially for never playing one before!
 Our fist stop after making it to the Grand Canyon was the El Tovar.  It was a beautiful hotel and a neat setting.  It was a fancy restaurant that had linen tablecloths and nice china. We got a few looks as we were wrestling our seven kids between Reagan and I.
 After lunch we made our way to the Grand Canyon. It was a sight to see.  Absolutely beautiful!
 Reagan and I and all 7 kids.
 Kenadee and Ryen.

 Natalee and I.
 Beautiful Kendyl and Natalie.
 Reagan, Brylee, Loghan, Natalee, and I.
 There were Native American showing us some of there dances.  They performed a hoop dance which was really amazing.
We enjoyed our time there at the Grand Canyon. It was a beautiful sight to see. And we enjoyed having Reagan and her kids to share that experience with us.

No comments: