Welcome home our sweet girl! Natalee officially came home on Thursday January 5, 2012! It didn't seem real when the doctor told us just a few days in advance that we would be taking her home on Thursday. Brit and I "nested" with her the night before she was discharged. Nesting is when parents stay in a room that is dedicated to them and their baby to stay in it over night in preparation to taking their baby home. So we slept in a hospital room with Natalee and fed and cared for her through the night. They put Natalee on oxygen since the altitude change to Prescott but said it will be coming off once she adjusts. Her discharge day was ironic because it was the day my scheduled c-section was going to take place if I went full term with her. When Natalee was discharged from the hospital she was 2 days shy of being hospitalized for 100 days.
They have her on an apnea monitor to help monitor her heart rate and respiration's. She will be wearing this for about a month. She has been doing great and hasn't been going off.
We took her to the doctor the day after we got her home and she weighed 5 pounds 15 oz. We followed up a week later with the doctor and she weighed 6 pounds 13 oz! She almost gained a full pound in one week! Natalee is eating more than the doctors recommended her to eat. Way to go! This appointment was 2 days after my due date. She weighs more than my other girls when they were born. The doctor took her oxygen off after 1 week and said she is doing great without it. Yeah! She is doing awesome! She still has reflux so we have to add a formula that has rice in it to my breast milk to help hold the milk in her stomach.
We are having fun giving her baths. This particular bath was given by Grandma Haws. Even though Brylee hasn't paid much attention to Natalee since being home she sure likes to help with the baths. That means sticking hands in the water...Brylee's favorite!Smelling all nice and clean!
Grandma came all the way from St. John's to spend a day with us. It was so great getting to spend that time with her. Grandma Haws lovin' on her granddaughter.
Kenadee's best friend Hannah even got to hold Natalee. She said, "I never got to hold a brand new baby before."
Kenadee has bee such a huge help with Natalee. She loves to hold her and asks to do it frequently. She is such a great big sister!
We are so glad you are finally home Natalee. It has been quite the ride getting you to this point. You are such a miracle and we have been blessed to have you. During this past 3 months we have all felt the greatest fear and worry, but also felt the sweetest joy, happiness, and peace. I know our Heavenly Father loves us and has blessed us with this beautiful baby girl. I am so grateful to have the gospel in our lives since we relied on it so much during this process. This experience has taught me a big lesson on faith and relying on the Lord. I have never prayed so hard, read my scriptures as often, and attended the temple as much as I did during this experience. I know that this experience has changed me for the good and has shaped me into something better. Natalee we are so glad you have become part of our family and have taught us lessons beyond what we were able to learn on our own. We are so grateful that she is healthy and doing great! We will forever be thankful and we love you!
Natalee Taylor Haws
(Taylor was taken to name her after Grandma Haws. Since Grandma doesn't have a middle name we used her maiden name).
Born: 9/29/11 7:04 a.m.
1 pound 6 oz., 11 1/2" long
(As of 1/13/12) Wt: 6 pounds 13 oz., 18" long
And has lots of red in her hair!
5 comments:
Natalee is beautfiful and so big!! Thanks for the beautiful blog post. I have loved reading about Natalee's progress and coming home.
YAY!!! So happy for you guys!! She is absolutely beautiful!!
I am so happy she is home! I've been keeping up with your blog and you guys have all been in my prayers. She is beautiful, Summer!
She is such a doll! So happy she is home!
I've been checking your blog every now and then to see how Natalee's been doing & I'm so excited that she's doing so well & was able to come home. I certainly know how stressful that can all be & it looks like she's a perfect little miracle. Congratulations!
Post a Comment